Why Tip-Edge Plus?
Until now, all preadjusted brackets were only “adjusted” for final tooth angulations. This requires increased force levels during early treatment, causing unnecessary loss of anchorage. Tip-Edge PLUS Aesthetic Brackets have a patented design that allows treatment to be programmed from start to finish. Teeth move with little anchorage strain, and without headgear or implants. Treatment can move from .016″ to .022″ stainless steel archwires in a single step.
Advantages of Tip-Edge PLUS
The unique design of Tip-Edge PLUS Aesthetic Brackets makes treatment more comfortable for patients and reduces the number of treatment visits necessary.
- Overbites reduced early in treatment, irrespective of canine angulation
- Large overjets treatable without headgear
- Improved vertical control. Archwires are not flexed during retraction or space closure
- All changes, both dental and skeletal, are achieved with relative light (1-3 ounce) forces
- No play between archwire and slot at the finish
- Hands-off finishing powered by super elastic wires through deep tunnels and controlled by full-size, stainless, rectangular archwires
- Highest quality results with fewer appointments and archwire changes
The addition of a horizontal tunnel permits mesiodistal uprighting and torquing from the power of a small, round, super-elastic auxiliary wire eliminates the need for individual uprighting springs and torquing auxiliaries.
Tip-Edge PLUS Aesthetic Brackets can reduce your inventory since Side-Winder springs will only be required for midline adjustments and as a braking mechanism. That means fewer products on the shelf because three or four preformed uprighting wires (.012″ or .014″) are usually all that is required to achieve final tips and torques. Since there is no need to remove and replace uprighting springs when modifying the main archwires, your chair time is reduced too.
Since individual uprighting springs have been eliminated, potential food traps have been reduced and patient brushing simplified. Because the brackets have a sleek, streamlined look, your patients will experience greater comfort and a more pleasing smile. What’s more, lip irritation is minimized and removal or damage to springs from noncompliant patients is completely eliminated.
Personalized Color-Matching Technology
Tip-Edge PLUS Aesthetic Brackets combine the unique design of Tip-Edge PLUS with superior aesthetics, featuring Personalized Color-Matching Technology. Brackets absorb wavelengths of light so only the natural tooth color shows.